Data Architect – Digital
A brand new opening to work closely with the enterprise and solution architects to shape and execute digital data architecture inline with the companies' digital transformation goals.
The Data Architect will be responsible for building up the value of their data asset, so that the business users, analysts and digital product teams and others can derive maximum benefit.
What you'll be doing:
- Take responsibility for shaping and managing future Data & Technology Architecture by primarily working closing with the Digital team and wider IT and enterprise areas.
- Develop and maintain alignment with Enterprise Data Architecture principles, standards and methodology enabling the organisation to be a leading data driven company.
- Experience in implementing large scale CRM and Digital programmes will be advantageous.
- Create and maintain the enterprise data architecture that meets data governance, regulatory and business requirements, mapping the business requirements to data requirements and defining how the data should be provisioned to the business to serve all of their needs to ensure consistency, ease of use and performance.
- Define the common reference data and hierarchies in collaboration with Data Stewards, Analysts and Business SME’s to agree and ratify these data sets.
- Ensure that data definitions align to the enterprise data model and that these definitions/models are adhered to on transformation programmes.
- Work closely with technology teams to enable physical schemas to be implemented in the Data & Analytics solution that align to the enterprise data models.
- Define the policies and standards for how data is used, stored, managed and integrated and its data systems (operational and analytical).
- Define the data architecture as part of a data solution (e.g. ETL, data integration and data migration) for a wider programme.
- Building conceptual and physical data models, optimised for operational or analytical use cases.
- Documentation of solutions (e.g. data models, configurations, and setup).
- Providing Quality Assurance, reviewing relevant development activity.
- Contributing to the methods, standards and keeping abreast of the technical advances in data engineering for the Data Practice.
- Design, deliver and implement Data Architecture in line with the organisation's goals for data
- Extensive experience with Digital platforms and applications
- Extensive experience with Cloud platforms
- Experience with large-scale streaming technologies
- Experience creating data architectures and models in large, consumer-orientated organisations
- Experience in delivering end to end solutions, high level architecture and associated principles to include data sourcing, integrations/flows, usage, whilst retaining policy compliance
- Experience of Analytics, Data Science and BI approaches and technologies
- Mapping data from source to target and establishing current & future state based on business data requirements.
- Data Warehousing, ETL / Data Processing, Data Migration.
- Master Data Management (MDM) systems.
- Experience with conceptual, logical and physical data modelling and clear understanding about defining data architecture framework, standards and principles.
- Experience of working within a framework of IT Governance, Technical Design Authority and Change Advisory Boards.
- The chance to play a pivotal role in a transformation journey
- Ownership on data architecture solutions
- Flexibility around remote working
- Generous staff discount
- £90,000 base salary
- Opportunity to work at a highly people focussed business