Solutions Architect – Digital
We are looking for a Solutions Architect to play a pivotal role in the digital transformation journey of a well-known company with a national presence.
You will work closely with the Enterprise Architect to support the implementation of quality technical solutions that create business opportunities and maximise business benefits through careful optimisation of system, business process (including continuous improvement) and management information changes.
What you'll be doing:
- Help to define and shape the Digital technology strategy, target architecture and technology roadmap.
- Accountable for the design of new digital applications and services to embed a leading Digital culture and capability.
- Support the Project Delivery process by working on a range of IT and business initiatives to deliver solutions to meet the business opportunities.
- Support the New Request process by researching and recommending pragmatic technical solutions; highlighting any technical considerations for solution delivery.
- Working with all areas of Digital, IT, Strategy & Transformation teams and the business, to research IT solutions on the market for technical requirements and business needs.
- Able to work with senior technology and business stakeholders and able to influence and collaborate.
- Understand the bigger picture in terms of digital business strategic goals and the broader portfolio and how digital fits into this.
- Help align the teams in digital technology to work towards a simpler, more manageable digital estate by understanding all the moving parts and working out the sequence of change over time that will take us there (roadmap planning).
- Work alongside the Digital team
,technical leads and team managers to help define and shape the technology roadmaps for Digital, ensuring this is aligned with other related roadmaps that feed into the Digital Strategy.
- Working closely with the Data Architects to create the Data Architecture relevant to the product being selected and understanding the relationships between the data and the processes and architecting that to meet Security and GDPR requirements.
- Be the primary technology architecture focal point and key representative for Digital Architecture and Strategy.
- Contribute to the definition of the Corporations enterprise architectural vision and ensure that solutions fulfil and align with that strategic vision.
- Continually challenge team practices to embed those that better align with software development principles.
What we're looking for expertise in:
- Certification in architecture methods e.g. TOGAF or equivalent.
- Experience of working within a framework of IT Governance, Technical Design Authority and Change Advisory Boards.
- Deep technical experience of various key software/hardware technologies, major supplier platforms/services, cloud, cyber, CRM, Microsoft development tools and ecosystem including .NET, API and microservice frameworks and patterns, Azure, AWS, Mobile technologies, hosting platforms/SaaS/IaaS/PaaS offerings, Big Data solution and storage, modern EAI integration patterns and technologies associated with these including MQ.
- Strong understanding of mobile app design & development.
- Good understanding of cloud technologies & micro-services architecture.
- Experience of data and service migration to drive transformation delivery is essential.
- Service-oriented, message-based, asynchronous and legacy architectures.
- Experience of using safe to fail experimentation to test hypotheses
- Understanding and application of continuous integration, continuous delivery and test automation.
- Ability to facilitate discussion and find alternative or different approaches to problems.
- Understanding of the full software development lifecycle.
A bit about you:
- Understands the drivers and motivators behind decision making and the need to influence in driving the right outcomes for the business.
- Have a steady, calming, logical and methodical approach to solving difficult challenges.
- Highly analytical and able to focus on many different aspects in parallel whilst building a larger conceptual framework.
- Ability to design pragmatic solutions whilst meeting customers needs.
- Play a pivotal role in a transformational journey
- Be part of an exceptional team of individuals
- Get plenty of perks including generous staff discount
- Flexibility around home working
Get your applications in now!