Senior IT Technician
Senior IT Support Technician
A rapidly growing pharmaceutical company in Birmingham are looking for an experienced Senior IT Support Technician to work within the IT Customer Services Team to assist in supporting our Desktop Environment, Windows 10, O365 Support, IT Systems and Infrastructure.
Reporting into the Group Customer Services Manager, you will take responsibility working with the IT teams in delivering IT Support, along with the delivery of key IT Business Projects and Changes.
Office 365 is their main business tool. This role will not only provide ongoing support but also be involved with the ongoing development of the O365 tools and functionality.
The role is ideal for someone who has significant experience of using an online Service Call Management system and should possess excellent communication skills and have the ability to problem solve, prioritize outstanding work, manage major incidents (including cyber incidents) and manage customer expectations.
Additionally, you should possess good leadership and communication skills and be able to support a wide range of users, globally across all offices and very often remotely, in a professional and polite manner.
- Log customer issues onto the Service Desk Fault Logging System. Assign call to self, troubleshoot and resolve whenever possible. If not, escalate to the ‘Second Line’ team or Third Parties, follow up all calls as required, keep customers updated at all times.
- Manage ‘your’ call list, investigate customer/system/hardware/software issues and take the necessary actions to resolve the issue. Keep the customer and support team updated when required.
- Manage emails sent to the ‘IT Support’ address, log calls and allocate as above.
- Planning of Managing Projects and Project Teams
- Planning and hosting IT Training Sessions
- Monitor ‘all calls’ on the Service Desk List and escalate overdue or urgent calls to the Senior IT Support Technician or Customer Services Manager.
- Build, Maintain and repair PCs, Laptops, Hybrid Devices, Printers, Desk Phones, Mobile Devices as required. Escalate and liaise with Third Parties when required.
- Manage access and file permissions for users via Active Directory.
- Ensure the IT Asset Inventory is up to date.
- Follow SOP for setting up and decommissioning new equipment.
- Ensure the IT Storeroom is tidy at all times.
- Get Quotes and place Orders for new IT equipment and software.
- Involvement in Key IT business projects and making next steps decisions to influence & educate team.
- Mentoring & supporting junior team members when required
- Minimum 5yrs IT experience,
- Working within a busy ‘onsite’ IT Support Team
- Competitive Salary
- Contributory Pension
- 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays.
- Taxable health benefit