Senior Network Engineer
Senior Network Engineer – Cisco
We're looking for a Senior Network Engineer to join the Infrastructure function of a thriving company, who are undergoing a large digital transformation.
You will be part of the team responsible for managing and continuously developing a network infrastructure that supports the needs of a fast paced company.
What you'll be doing:
- The support, operation and control of all equipment within the IT network infrastructure including monitoring and troubleshooting LAN, WAN, Wireless and VoIP systems.
- Using network management tools to collect and report on network load and performance
- Implementing agreed network configuration, installation and maintenance routines.
- Managing the network to provide agreed levels of service and data.
- Investigation and diagnosis of complex, cross team IT problems, working with users, other staff and suppliers as appropriate.
- Closely working with the IT Security team to main the integrity of the network and data held within.
- Supporting Major Incident processes including Root Cause Analysis and remediation actions delivery.
- Producing network design policies, philosophies and criteria covering connectivity, capacity, interfacing, security, resilience, recovery, access and remote access.
- Working with the team to produce proposals and pipelines for continuous improvement of the network infrastructure.
Looking for tech skills in:
- In-depth knowledge of Cisco ASA, Nexus, Wireless LAN Controllers, ADSL routers, etc.
- Excellent working knowledge of Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE).
- Proven experience and success with LAN, WAN, WLAN, and VoIP design and implementation in predominantly Cisco enterprise environment.
- Proven experience of managing third party telephony providers.
- Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- Strong, hands-on technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems.
- Working technical knowledge of network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards.
- Excellent hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Competence with testing tools and procedures for voice and data circuits.
This is a great time to get onboard with a company that never stand still and are looking to constantly evolve.
You'll get plenty of perks including; industry certs, staff discount and fun company events.