Mid-weight Unreal Engine Developer (Remote)
A rapidly growing Immersive, Virtual & Augmented Reality company are looking for an experienced Programmer to join their team and help them achieve their impressive new growth goals.
Working closely with a talented team of creative artists and pioneering technologists, the Senior Unreal Developer will play an instrumental role in the creation of an exciting and varied range of immersive solutions. That will include solving problems for large enterprises using mixed reality, undertaking VR research and development, and dedicating time to creative innovation.
The company build tailored VR solutions for audiences, using both room-scale VR and immersive 360? video for the latest state of the art devices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Write and maintain clean, commented code individually and as part of a team
- Troubleshoot and debug a variety of day-to-day studio issues
- Provide creative and innovative solutions to help optimise applications for VR output
- Design and produce in-house UE4 tooling for UE4
- Mentor and train junior team members if required
Skills and Experience
- 3 years’ experience with C++
- Excellent working knowledge of Unreal Engine (UE4) – UE4 is at the heart of everything they do.
- Proven experience developing optimised applications for room scale VR
- Good working knowledge of Perforce and UE4/VS integration
Great to have
- DevOps Experience
- Experience developing in C# for Unity
- Windows batch scripting experience
- Shader skills (glsl/hlsl)
- Experience with ARCore and/or ARKit
- Experience working with OpenVR/OpenXR
With an impressive new R&D HQ and separate prototyping and showcasing venue both under construction, this is a really exciting chance to join a company with an impressive client list and massive goals for 2021.
This is a chance to take up an instrumental role within a talented, successful, and friendly team working on innovative and immersive VR projects.