A rapidly growing Immersive, Virtual & Augmented Reality company are looking for an experienced Technical Artist to join their team and help them achieve their impressive new growth goals. The company build custom VR solutions for an impressive list of clients, using room-scale VR, immersive 360? video, and large high-res projected domes.
The role will involve work on an exciting range of VR projects, including both commercial work for brand clients, and internal creative innovation.
The ideal candidate would bridge the gaps between the necessary technical procedures and the collaborative creative process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To work with both the Technical and Art teams to help produce stunning optimised assets for VR platforms & High Resolution projected spaces
- Create optimised materials and shaders
- Design VFX and particle systems for VR output
- Work closely with Tech team to combine Blueprints with custom C++ codebase
Skills and Experience
- Advanced understanding of the UE4 lighting systems
- Excellent understanding of rendering pipelines and optimisation for frame-rate
- Excellent knowledge of UE4’s Blueprint system
- Ability to clearly explain and demonstrate approach and reasoning to colleagues
- Excellent knowledge of Cascade Particle Editor
- A portfolio of work demonstrating experience and ability
- Experience working with NVIDIA GameWorks and/or VRWorks UE4 branches
- Good knowledge of post-processing options
- VFX and material Shader
- Computing / Development related degree or ability to demonstrate equivalent work experience
- A-Level graduate