Junior Data Engineer
Data Products Engineer
A market leading data and technology company are looking for a Data Products Engineer to join the growing team at their Manchester base. Already working with an impressive list of clients on a constant stream of exciting projects, the company are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic programmer with a keen interest in data.
The Data Products Engineer will be responsible for designing, building and owning data feeds which enhance the products and client offerings currently in place.
In order to do this, the Data Products Engineer will creatively and precisely analyse data collected from thousands of mobile devices located around the world to help determine the company’s roadmap.
Using Big Data technologies and working closely with clients, the Data Product Engineer will be responsible for developing effective and market-leading solutions.
Skills and experience:
- 1+ year of programming experience, either professionally or as part of a relevant degree.
- OOP language experience: Python, Java, Ruby, Scala (preferable).
- SQL databasing knowledge.
- Knowledge of AWS or equivalent cloud technologies.
- An understanding of high-quality coding and testing practices.
- Eagerness to learn new technologies and upskill.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Competent working as part of a team and independently.
Nice to have:
- Scala/Apache Spark/Hadoop
- Exposure to Source Control, e.g. GitHub, Sourcetree and Bitbucket.
- Experience with and knowledge of infrastructure automation.
- Agile development practice knowledge
This is an excellent opportunity to join an expanding, dynamic and close-knit team and work on some super exciting projects. As a company who stay true to their start-up roots, employees are truly valued and the tech and methodologies used are always cutting edge.
Booking interview for next week so don’t hesitate to get in touch if you think you’d be a good fit!