Azure & Hosted Infrastructure Engineer
Azure & Hosted Infrastructure Engineer – MSP
Fantastic opportunity to join an MSP with an annual turnover of £60m who aim for this to be £100m in the next two years.
Due to continued growth, they are developing a brand new in-house team to focus on the companies hosted datacentre presence and cloud offerings.
You will take a proactive role in ensuring systems are actively monitored, updated, delivered on time and run to the correct specification. You will provide ongoing analysis of the platforms to ensure capacity and redundancy thresholds are met in line with the wider goals.
You will be responsible for monitoring, analysing & implementing projects comprising of hosted servers, backup, business continuity and the Microsoft server stack (Windows, Exchange, SQL etc as appropriate) based in Hosted VMware, Hyper-V and Azure platforms.
- Excellent understanding of complex IT infrastructure solutions, including LAN networks, Server hardware, HPE SAN storage, data backup systems and the Microsoft server stack etc.
- A minimum level of a Microsoft Stack Qualification, VMware VCP, HPE ASE (or equivalent), which will also help the business maintain the appropriate vendor certifications.
- Experience installing complex VMware/Hyper-V server Virtualisation solutions.
- Excellent understanding and experience of network security, segregation, firewalls and encryption.
- Experience with the Microsoft server stack of software, eg. Windows Server, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, SQL Server, Exchange Server etc.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Proven experience in creating and maintaining technical documentation.
- Experience of working in a high pressure IT support environment
- Ability to work unsupervised and prioritise workload
- Ability to write relevant and accurate reports
They are looking for those who possess a ‘can do’ attitude and are not afraid of hardwork.
On-call will start on a 1-3 basis and then move to 1-7, the majority of which can be done remotely.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of an award-winning company and Microsoft partner who are on an amazing growth journey. You will not stand-still in this role.
Do not miss out, get your applications in now!