Fantastic opportunity for a BI Developer to join a growing IT team at an innovative company, who are investing heavily in their data offering.
(Currently working remotely and will offer a hybrid approach going forward)
This is an excellent time to get onboard and get involved with a number of exciting projects.
You will take responsibility for the designing, building, testing, reporting and analysis tools that help streamline the business and make reporting, analysing and forecasting more efficient.
Other responsibilities include:
- Collecting, analysing and sharing data to help business teams drive improvement in key business metrics, user experience, and business results
- Designing, developing, testing, and performance tuning BI solutions such as databases, data marts, models, queries, views, reports, and dashboards
- Troubleshooting reported data loads or reconciliation inconsistencies in conjunction with the sites for data models and / or reports
- Implementing and administrating security controls, privileges, and permissions around data and BI solutions
- Working with Analysts to understand user needs, and provide updates regarding issues and releases
- Assisting in providing production support / database access 24×7, up to Level 3 for the development, production and testing environments
- Helping design and implement reporting and analytical solutions, including both the design of table structures and the processes used to populate those structures with data from internal and external sources; to drive improvement in key business metrics, user experience, and business results.
- Assisting in providing data that is accurate, congruent and reliable as well as being easily accessible
- Helping implement, manage, maintain, and performance tune Data Mart(s), and Business Intelligence Reporting environments; alongside support of the integrations of those systems with other applications.
- Working closely with users and BI Analysts to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound business decisions
- Educating and train users to use the data as an analytical tool, displaying the information in new form and content for analysis and exploring options
We're looking for skills and experience in:
- A thorough working knowledge of SQL
- Microsoft SQL-Server BI stack (i.e., SSAS, SSRS, SSIS)
- Experience in developing reports using industry standard reporting tools (Power BI)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Experience of building analysis services models, whether tabular or multi-dimensional, using Visual Studio
- Proficiency in one or more database programming languages (i.e., T-SQL, PL/SQL etc.,)
- Proficiency in one or more scripting languages (i.e., PowerShell, Python etc.,)
Desirable skills & Technologies:
- Proficiency in any other reporting or dashboarding tool (i.e., Looker, Qlik, Tableau, Periscope etc.,)
- Proficiency in statistical programming languages (i.e., R, M etc.,)
- Experience in engineering data in Microsoft Azure (i.e., Data Lake, Database, EventHub’s, Stream Analytics, Spark, Databricks etc.,)
- Bonus (2 months extra pay!)
- 25 days hols + banks
- Private healthcare
- Flexibility around remote working
- Collaborative and dynamic work environment
You will be joining a great bunch of people with a passion for data, who promote a collaborative team environment.