Mirai is partnering with a global company in Nottingham, who are investing heavily in their BI and Data department. Due to continued growth they have an a brand new opportunity for a Data Architect to work closely with the Head of Data and play an integral role in the success of the department.
You will be leading a team of Data Engineers and Data Scientists so previous experience/ or interest in leading a team will be highly beneficial.
They are open to this role being as hands on or hands off as you recommend, with the chance of truly putting your stamp on the department.
- A minimum 5 years’ data technologies experience with a significant amount of time in lead Engineering or architectural data role utilising Microsoft technologies
- A wide understanding of all data storage concepts from RDBMS to unstructured data
- Experience with relational database internals, including both query processing and query planning, or other data processing infrastructure across several different RDBMS systems as well as NoSQL systems
- An in-depth knowledge of key data structures and algorithms
- A solid understanding of physical database design principles, and the system development life cycle.
- Understand how to apply technologies to solve data problems and to develop innovative data related solutions
- Experience with object-oriented design, coding, and testing patterns
- Extensive experience designing solutions in Microsoft SSIS and other Data movement Technologies
- Knowledge of data modelling and understanding of different data structures and their benefits and limitations
- Familiarity with monitoring, backup, and disaster recovery of data systems
- Extensive experience with Linux, Unix and Microsoft platforms.
- Extensive knowledge of SaaS and on-prem Engineering and Data Platforms (such as Snowflake, Qlik DI, FiveTran, Stitch)
- Knowledge and usage of BI Tools such as Looker, Power BI, Tableau
- Knowledge of data analysis, end-user requirements analysis, and business requirements analysis to develop a clear understanding of the business needs and to incorporate these needs into technical solution
- Experience with Spark and other analytical programming languages
- Experience in utilising Microsoft Azure and any related tooling for data engineering & design (such as Azure Data Warehouse, Azure Data Lake, EventHub, Apache Spark, Azure Database, Azure Databricks, Synapse)
A bit about you:
- A good foundation of leading technically minded people
- A solid working knowledge of database administration methodologies and techniques
- A good understanding of logical and physical database design principles.
- Strong communication skills at all levels
- Be a natural problem solver
- Work well in both functional and cross-functional environments
- Can work well under pressure, using own initiative as well as part of the wider organisation
They are open to remote / hybrid or office based work depending on what suits! The interview process will be fully remote.
Shortlisting now so get your applications in!