Data Engineer – Remote
Mirai is partnering with a global company in Nottingham, who are investing heavily in their BI and Data department. Due to continued growth they have an a brand new opportunity for a Data Engineer to work closely with the Head of Data and play an integral role in the success of the department.
You will help develop, maintain, support and integrate their growing number of data systems and have a wealth of knowledge in the data world!
Looking for skills in:
- A minimum 5 years’ experience software development or database experience
- Proficiency in writing SQL including stored procedures in languages such as T-SQL. PL/PgSQL and PL/SQL
- Proficiency in one or more database scripting languages (i.e., PowerShell, Python etc.,)
- Experience with relational database internals, including both query processing and query planning, or other data processing infrastructure across several different RDBMS systems as well as NoSQL systems
- A basic knowledge of key data structures and algorithms
- Capability in programming in 3GL languages (such as C#, C, C++ or Java)
- A solid understanding of physical database design principles, and the system development life cycle.
- Understand how to apply technologies to solve data problems and to develop innovative data related solutions
- Experience with object-oriented design, coding, and testing patterns
- Extensive experience in Microsoft SSIS, specifically designing and implementing ETL packages
- Knowledge of data modelling and understanding of different data structures and their benefits and limitations
- Familiarity with monitoring, backup, and disaster recovery of data systems
- Experience in designing, architecting, and building scalable pipelines
- Extensive experience with Linux, Unix and Microsoft platforms.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Knowledge of SaaS and on-prem Engineering and Data Platforms (such as Snowflake, Qlik DI, FiveTran, Stitch)
- Knowledge and usage of BI Tools such as Looker, Power BI, Tableau
- Knowledge of data analysis, end-user requirements analysis, and business requirements analysis to develop a clear understanding of the business needs and to incorporate these needs into technical solution
- Experience with Spark and other analytical programming languages
- Experience in utilising Microsoft Azure and any related tooling for data engineering(such as Azure Data Warehouse, Azure Data Lake, EventHub, Apache Spark, Azure Database, Azure Databricks, Synapse)
- Experience on engineering big data systems
A bit about you:
- A solid working knowledge of database administration methodologies and techniques
- A good understanding of logical and physical database design principles.
- Strong communication skills at all levels
- Be a natural problem solver
- Work well in both functional and cross-functional environments
- Have the ability to work well under pressure, using own initiative as well as part of the wider organisation
They are open to remote / hybrid or office based work depending on what suits! The interview process will be fully remote.
Shortlisting now so get your applications in!