Fantastic opportunity for an Oracle DBA to join a Data & BI team at an international company who are investing heavily in their data department.
(Opportunity to work remotely, in the office or as an office/remote split)
This is an excellent time to get onboard and get involved with a number of exciting projects.
What you'll be doing:
- Assist in the Design, development, administration, performance monitoring, reporting, and tuning of our Oracle Instance
- Management and maintenance of back-ups & recovery procedures Reviewing and tuning SQL and PL/SQL code
- Security and access control and management of documentation
- Liaise with development team in the full development life cycle of database applications, develop technical specifications, coordinate and conduct database design reviews
- Assist in disaster recovery planning, testing and execution
What you'll have experience in:
- Good working knowledge of Oracle RDBMS platforms across multiple versions with production support experience in a multi-project environment
- Maintenance, tracing, monitoring and performance tuning of validated Oracle production environments
- Adherence to good Database Design principles and standards
- PL/SQL development experience
- Some experience with OEM, Oracle recovery, Oracle Diagnostics and Tuning Packs
- Thorough understanding of Backup/Restore/ETL processes
- Good working knowledge of job scheduling and monitoring tools
- 3+ minimum years’ experience managing production Oracle environments
What you will bring:
- Microsoft SQL Server Database management experience
- Experience with Business Intelligence platforms and alternative Database technologies (e.g. NoSQL).
- Understanding of SAN technologies
- Cloud Platform experience (Azure, AWS etc.)
- Experience with Unix/Linux environments including containerisation
- Experience hosting Oracle on Windows
- A solid understanding of Virtualisation Technologies
- Proficient in Scripting languages (Python, PowerShell, etc.)
- OCA/OCP Qualifications
You will be joining a great bunch of people with a passion for data, who promote a collaborative team environment.