Senior Network Engineer
Senior Network Engineer – Cisco
We're currently looking for Senior Network Engineers to join a fast-paced and ever changing environment within a large and growing company in Nottinghamshire.
You will use your skills to balance functionality, best practice with simplicity, cost and delivery speed. The ability to work under your own initiative and take responsibility for your own projects is a must.
They offer a dynamic work culture and the scope for growth is huge.
What you'll be doing:
- Providing third line support for the existing global network infrastructure
- Being the technical lead for network cloud services products within Azure or Data Centre management with Cisco ACI
- Providing solution briefings on new technologies and design decisions
- Mentoring and training other members of the team
- Typical routing and switching; Troubleshooting PBR, DMVPN, BGP, IKEv2, HSRP Troubleshooting STP
- Producing as-built documentation and produce necessary training/troubleshooting material
- Proactively investigating raised network impacting issues and events, using internal monitoring tools
- Remaining up to date on current/future network and security technologies and gain certification in selected technology areas
- Conducting incident/problem resolution both in and out of hours
- Cisco CCNP Routing and Switching / CCNP Advanced Routing or higher
- Experience with WAN Routing Technologies – BGP, EIGRP, DMVPN
- Cloud Networking (Azure)
- Data Centre Management – Cisco Nexus, ACI
- Knowledge of Automation/DevOps tools (e.g.: APIs, Python, Ansible, PowerShell etc)
- VPNs and Remote Access Management – Cisco ASA, Cisco SSL VPN and AnyConnect
- Salary up to £75,000
- Chance to lead a team or remain hands on
- Work with a company who remain at the top of their tech game and do not want to stand still.
- Flexibility around office/remote working.