Fantastic opportunity for a SQL DBA to join a Data & BI team at an international company who are investing heavily in their data department.
This is an excellent time to get onboard and get involved with a number of exciting projects.
As the SQL DBA you will be:
- Providing database support for the development, testing and production environments
- Monitoring and analysing all aspects of database utilisation for the purposes of identifying and resolving performance issues, capacity planning, and efficiency improvements
- Identifying and troubleshooting issues around performance, accessibility, availability, and operability; escalating and communicating these when necessary
- Resolving application / query-based performance issues
- Installing, configuring, maintaining, upgrading, backup and recovery of the DBMS software
- Coding, editing, and installing stored procedures and functions for accessing, maintaining, and populating databases; and scripts for automating database management operations
- Implementing and administrating security controls, privileges, and permissions around data and databases
- A good working knowledge of SQL (particularly Microsoft SQL-Server 2012 – 2019)
- Previous experience working with Microsoft SQL-Server (particularly Microsoft SQL-Server 2012 – 2019)
- Knowledge of what SSRS, SSIS, SSAS are and how they are used
- Working knowledge of performing database backups, using various backup techniques and methodologies
- An understanding of security and permissions best practices
- A working knowledge of ETL best practices and other large data movements
- Experience debugging database related problems.
- Experience of utilising stored procedures written in T-SQL
- A working knowledge of database administration methodologies and techniques
- Understand logical and physical database design principles.
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Server clustering, availability groups and disaster recovery (always on and mirroring)
- Some experience or knowledge of working in a cloud computing environment – Particularly Microsoft Azure
- A proficiency in one or more database scripting languages (i.e., PowerShell, Python etc.,)
- Database design & implementation skills
- Experience of migrating, patching, and upgrading databases across servers and / or instances
- Exposure or use of PL/SQL
- Exposure to Oracle RDBMS systems
- Exposure to other enterprise RDBMS systems