Internal IT Infrastructure Engineer Contract
*** FANTASTIC OPPORTUNITY JUST IN ***
IT Infrastructure Engineer (Contract)
A fantastic opportunity has arisen at a rapidly expanding IT company in Preston. They are looking for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to join their dynamic team. This is a very hands-on role where you will be building, monitoring, maintaining and improving the internal network infrastructure and supporting the IT systems.
You’d be a valued addition to the close-knit team ensuring the IT Infrastructure is maintained. You will be monitoring the systems and actioning any issues that arise. You will be responsible for the day-to-day management, maintenance, and support of, physical and virtual infrastructure, as well as application services.
- AD, DHCP, DNS, GP
- Firewall & VPN Technology
- O365, Exchange, Sharepoint, Teams
- SQL Server
- Remote desktop services
- TCP/IP, routing
- Windows 10, Windows Server 2008-2019
- VMWare ESXI & vCenter
- Coordinate critical problems and major incidents through to resolution.
- Design, plan, implement and support Infrastructure contributions to Internal IT.
- Install, configure, maintain, and support for IT infrastructure and network e.g. Windows Server, O365, Firewalls, AD, GP, VMware and Veeam.
- Participate in the Internal IT On-Call Rota.
- Provide mentorship to 1st & 2nd line, technical support, and training, where required.
- Support purchasing, and ensure purchases are ordered to the correct specification.
- Visit remote sites and Data Centers, as required.
A bit about you:
- A passion for technology
- Positive attitude
- Team player
- Natural problem solver who takes initiative resolving issues independently
- Passion for people and delivering excellent service
- Handles pressure well
- Fantastic customer service skills