3rd line Support Engineer
3rd line Support – MSP
An award-winning MSP in the East Midlands are looking for a 3rd line support engineer to deliver technical support to their growing client base.
They are looking for skills in; Office 365, Azure, VMware, Exchange and VLAN technologies. MSP experience would be a big plus.
Open to remote/ hybrid working, there will be occasional site visits so a car & license is needed.
It's a great time to get on board due to the pipeline of work coming up.
What you'll be doing:
The role will include; providing escalation support to the 1st/ 2nd line team, the management and maintenance of Microsoft Windows Server environments from 2008 to 2019 on-premise and Microsoft Azure environments, the deployment, migration to and maintenance of Microsoft 365 suite of cloud services, Hyper-V and VMWare infrastructures, TCP/IP network analytics, network topology design and cybersecurity (inclusive of the perimeter firewall, client based applications and Cyber Essentials).
The ideal candidate will have several years of experience working in a managed service provider environment as a 2nd – 3rd line engineer, have led and project managed a number of server and network migrations both on-premise and cloud infrastructures. A solid background in Azure/Microsoft 365 is essential.
What you can bring:
- Excellent customer-facing skills – experience dealing with internal / external business stakeholders
- Outstanding knowledge of Microsoft technologies – up to Windows Server 2019, Exchange.
- Server 2019, Hyper-V clustering, Windows 10, Office 2019 and Microsoft 365.
- Strong and demonstrable network analytics and design skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and investigate problems without defined causes.
- Demonstrable experience with firewalls, routing and VLAN technologies
- Ideally you will have MCSE / MCITP Qualification – willingness to continue self-development and education is a must.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to step up in their career. They will soon have leadership/management openings so keep that in mind if that's an aspiration. If you're looking to remain hands then that's also fine!