Senior Application Developer
Senior Application Developer – Android
Really exciting opportunity to join an award-winning company on the cusp of a transformation and open to fresh thinking. They’re giving you the opportunity to help define their systems from scratch. Their goal is a fully personalised, customer experience that integrates retail and multi-channel services to deliver seamless service, but how they achieve that is down to you.
About your role
As a Senior Application Developer, you’ll be providing technical knowledge and support to the Application Development Team whilst also designing and developing Android Applications.
In addition, you’ll provide technical oversight, mentor junior & mid-level Developers, roadmap technology and play a key role in helping to define and evolve the agile software development lifecycle and tooling used.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Conducting ongoing reviews of as deployed application code, identifying areas where technical debt is present and identifying & promoting necessary corrective work streams
- Providing support and guidance to other less experienced members of the development team, helping them to solve complex issues within the software they are developing.
- Helping other members of the team to grow and improve their technical knowledge by providing guidance and sharing knowledge
- Actively participating in the design & development of application solutions to business problems, particularly the larger and more complex development pieces
- Producing appropriate design documentation and clean efficient software implementations
- Where appropriate, producing re-usable components and services which can be used to develop further applications more efficiently
- Understanding the trends in Application Development technology and making appropriate recommendations for the Application technology roadmap
About your experience
You’ll be a great technical communicator with the ability to articulate solutions and desired outcomes. Being results driven and organised, you’ll also be forward thinking with a flexible approach to change and working effectively in a variety of situations
Key experience required includes:
- A deep understanding of Android Software Development, the ecosystem and technologies in use
- Knowledge of Software / Process / Project lifecycles with an understanding of Agile working practices
- In depth knowledge of frameworks, patterns and practices used to develop software for Android devices
- Experience of developing using Kotlin
- Customer-oriented approach and outcome focused
You’ll also have experience of TD, CI, CD and ideally iOS development using Swift or Objective C.
You’ll be joining a great bunch of individuals and have the chance to make your mark in a rewarding and collaborative work environment.